Monday, March 26, 2018

Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman : Review


Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion? 

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict. 

With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken.

Review:

I cried actual tears of happiness!!!! That Fucking Parachute!!!! You two are by far plot geniuses!!

I don’t know where to begin…… It’s not often that I feel the need to read the acknowledgments at the end of a book, but when I do, it’s because the book has changed me in some way and Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff's voices are ones I don’t want to let go of just yet.  

This is what Obsidio did for me…… Actually this entire series has made me truly consider questions that are extremely hard to answer.  Would I be able to kill a few to save a bunch?? Could I stand back and watch the man I love fly a ship to certain death???? (This is very close, since the man I love wants to join the Air Force.)  Could I stay “human” through genocide and still show compassion?? 

 These books have allowed me to see a fictional world where characters have to make the hard choices.   This series is beautifully written.  The authors have put together a unique story, with an out of this world writing style.. I mean really…… The messages, briefing notes, and footage collected….. I am utterly sad it is over, but cannot wait for the new series by these amazing authors.  ( I do believe I would sell my soul to review an ARC of the new series J)

Obsidio was an EPIC conclusion to a story that stole my heart.  I fell in love with the characters.  I cried when lives were lost, and I laughed at the Little Spiders’ comments.  I applaud the AI for doing what had to be done…. But also for allowing for her consequence.   I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!! I cannot stop gushing over how amazing this book was for me.   I finished the book in 6 hours…. YES 6!!!!!   I could not stop flipping the pages to see what happened to my favorite fictional families.  Even in the finale there were twist and turns I never saw coming, and Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff can make that happen.  

My Hat is off to you both!!!! Congratulations on the best ending to an amazing story!!!   I cannot wait to read what you both do next……..



This quote is one of my Favorites!!!   I believe that everyone should life a life that they would fight and potentially die for.  As an LSW and crisis therapist, I believe you have to be the change you want to see in the world.  This includes living a life you would fight to keep.   These books, for me, are about rising up and fighting for what you know is right!!!


Rating:
So usually I give a paws rating...(this is because I love kitties and my kittens assist in rating the books) However, due to the overwhelming emotion from me and my 3 kittens.... I was forced to rate this book as........

12 out of 5 paws!!!


You read that correctly....... According to Relic, Loki, Storm, and I.... This book is too good just to have a 5 paw rating.  The kittens decided that their paws should be represented..... (especially due to the amazing sacrifice and picture at the end of Obsidio)  
I am telling you all that this book and series is amazing.  You will be sucked in and spit out wanting more and more.   If you are waiting to buy this book or the others, STOP WAITING!!!! buy it NOW!!! Your life will be forever changed. :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment